It seems we have reached the end of week one for term 2. This is my first term studying and my first time at University. My first week has been hectic, trying to juggle full time work and full time study. I have made a few friends/contacts with other students in the same units as me and it has been a fantastic way of learning new and useful information for assignments. They also helped me understand how to use moodle, wikispaces and blogs. I am still finding my feet a little with using online tools, it is a slow process, but I am amazed at how much I have learnt in one week. I am looking forward to learning so much more through the e-learning unit and ways that I will be able to utilise them in my own pedagogy.
I have found most of my information that I have used in assignments in textbooks from my Cert III and Diploma, I am not too confident in finding sources online that are reliable. If anyone has found any useful places could they let me know? I would like to give them a try.
Now we go onward to week two :)
Additional Note
During this first week I have been developing a PMI about Vygotsky's theory of learning. At first I felt a little overwhelmed at having to break down Vygotsky's theory into these areas. Working with a partner certainly made this less daunting. Together we were able to use a wiki page to establish main points and then add and edit to each others work until we felt we had achieved our goal. I found using the wikispace very helpful as we never had to be online at the same time, we could leave each other messages and see what we had changed through the recent edits section. If we happend to make a mistake or did not like a change that was made, it was easy to retract the change through the editing tools and set it back to it's original form. I feel confident now in using a wikispace as well as a blogspot and look forward to being able to incorporate these tools in to future study and my own pedagogy.
Looking up bits of information that have been checked out can be done on Google Scholar or in the University's online library. You can search through for almost anything. Journels, articles, books etc.
ReplyDelete