Friday, 5 August 2011

Windows Movie Maker

Below is a short video I created using images of my kindergarten children at play, that I have titled "Child's Play." It was an experimental video and I am pleased with the result.  I hope you enjoy viewing it.




This is the first time I have created a video and I am thrilled. It worked amazingly well, it was easy and simple to use.  I think under the right guidance a child would be able to utilise this software to create documentries or presentations of any sort for school work and assignments.  It was fun choosing what to put in to it and being able to add music or verbal overlay was fantastic.  I would love to look in to using this with some of the children in my family for family videos as it would give me the child's perspective on the software and the ease at which they may be able to use it.  I do feel this could be incorporated into the classroom as part of a teachers pedagogy, as such technology already exists in highschool.  Earlier familiarity with the software will help children at that later stage in school.  I can be used for a variety of activities as well as used by the teacher to create a different learning activity for the children.  As long as the information being used and given through out this process is genuine and precise then the possibilities for the use of this software is endless.  I have a bit of work to go with this software however, learn how to use different fades, wipes and numerous orther tools that are in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment